One of the popular brands is Lowe. Lowe owns the Kobalt brand. Kobalt is a home improvement giant brand. Kobalt launched in 1998 to compete with Husky and Craftsman brands. Kobalt makes all types of hand tools. Kobalt also makes power tools and air tools. People need tools from these three categories. There is a complete catalog of Kobalt tools that come up with a good selection of what you may need for your specific reason. Each of the following is awesome that you can add to your garage.
Kobalt sells all types of simple tools such from a single screwdriver to massive master mechanic toolsets. From Kobalt, you will get what you want or need. The catalog of Kobalt is filled with precision and well-made tools. Kobalt hand tools are made of chromium-vanadium steel. Also, coated with heavy chrome plating for protection. The tools work fine and also good-looking. There are more than a few Kobalt tools around. All the tools are consistently among the most used tools. The basic hand tools are especially masterful executions of the craft. Here all picked them up and all are ready for anything. Hope you will be happy with the value of Kobalt hand tools. So check them out.
Top Kobalt Tools
1. Advanced Mechanic’s Tool Set
Kobalt’s 856855 Advanced Mechanic’s Tool Set is on the top. It has 300 pieces(40 pounds) of Kobalt tools that will fill out your tool chest with just about what you need in the way of mechanic’s tools. Included items are 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/8 inch ratchet handles and both standard and deep sockets in SAE and metric sizes make up the bulk of the set, there are many. Those are hex keys, extension bars, the driver handles, and spark plug sockets. The full set comes with packaged in foam organizer trays that will fit directly in the drawers of any tool chest you happen to have, it will help you to find anything you need quickly. Moreover, the full set is fantastically executed in strong chromium-vanadium tool steel, promising a very long life of good service.
- Organized awesome mechanic toolset
- Kobalt’s 300-piece mechanic toolset is a staple for any garage toolbox – whether you need a wrench or extension bar, spark plug socket, this kit has all you need for tackling a wide variety of projects
- Made of chrome vanadium steel with a professional-grade, high-polish finish, these tools are built for durability and strength for whatever task comes their way
- Whether you’re working with metric or standard measurements, these pieces are color-coded with a red (SAE) or blue (metric) stripe for easy identification, making sure you get the exact tool you need
- The EVA foam trays are a full upgrade to any tool chest, giving every tool a labeled storage place when not in use, permitting you to find any tool when it is needed
- It is a complete set
- It has a hassle-free guarantee
- It has hex and sparks plug wrenches
- It has foam organizer trays
- It is made of Cr-V steel for long life
- Need to purchase toolbox separately
2. 20 Piece Screwdriver Set
Everyone needs screwdrivers. Everyone always looking for them, so are you. The big Kobalt 324GC20N 20-piece screwdriver set makes it easy to find them. It can be said a bit of everything. Torx, Philips, flat even as a square drive, and an offset driver for those tight spaces! You don’t need to look for a screwdriver when you have this set.
- It has 6 Phillips drive, 6 flat tips, 2 Torx drive, 1 square drive, 1 off-set, 3 hooks, and 1 pick
- Full set made of hardened and tempered steel blades
- Nickel-plated built
- There are precision ground tips
- Made of steel
- It has Torx and square drive
- The handle of it bonded to shafts
- Including straight and curved pick
- Handles are made of hard plastic
3. Mechanic’s Tool Set
Kobalt 86756 Mechanic Tool Set is the best value product. This is the third item on the review list. This set has the frequently used in-demand mechanic’s hand tools, including metric and SAE sockets, combination wrenches, and hex keys. This great set is a form of an excellent base for a very capable set of tools.
- Box come s with relevant accessories
- There are 117 commonly used 6- and 12-point sockets, 3 ratchets, 4 extensions, 30 combination wrenches, 40 hex keys, and 33 other assorted tools.
- It has color-coded wrenches
- It has SAE and metric sizes
- It has three sizes of socket drive
- It has an organizing tool chest
- Made of chrome-plated Cr-V toolset
- Socket size markings are not deep
Read More: Best 7 Klutch Hand Tools Review 2021
4. Pliers and Wrench set
Kobalt 55753 is the fourth item on the review list. This set is full of pliers and a wrench. Pliers have a good grip. The set has a slip joint, lineman’s, needle-nose, and locking jaw pliers in various sizes. If you are looking for pliers and wrenches you can choose them.
- It has 9 commonly used pliers and 1 adj. wrench
- Pliers made of chrome-nickel steel
- Wrench and locking pliers made of chrome vanadium steel
- It meets or exceeds ANSI standards
- It has nine pliers
- It has an 8-inch adjustable wrench
- Made of Cr-Ni and Cr-V tool steel
- Tools have a nice grip
- Tools meet ANSI standards
- There is no tool wrap or case
5. Adjustable Wrench Set
Kobalt 464624 adjustable wrench set is the 5th item on the review list. Adjustable wrenches are very essential. There are many uses of them. The most useful three sizes are in this set.
- It has 6-in, 8-in, and 10-in adjustable wrenches with extra-wide jaws for versatility
- Made of drop-forged chrome vanadium-steel
- It has a chrome-plated surface that is corrosion-resistant for long-lasting durability and life
- It has moveable lower jaws adjust wrench size, so you can quickly and easily tighten or loosen various-sized nuts and bolts
- It works with both standard and metric fasteners for your convenience
- There are three wrench set
- Made of Cr-V steel
- Tools are rust-resistant
- Wrenches have great grips
- Amazing wide opening jaws
- There is no option for locking
6. Locking Pliers
Kobalt 55740 is the 6th item on the review list. These locking pliers set are necessary for shop operations. These pliers let you clamp and lock down all types of parts and lock on rounded bolts to give you a chance at getting them out. In need of clamp on to something like the jaws of a shark, these Kobalt pliers will do that. This set consists of three! Everything you need, you will get.
- It has 6-1/2-in long-nose locking pliers, 7-in curved-jaw locking pliers, and 10-in curved-jaw locking pliers
- Made of drop-forged chrome vanadium steel
- It has precision-machined jaws grip objects better and offers a long-lasting durability
- Ergonomic bi-material anti-slip grips offer extended user comfort
- For longer rust resistance made with nickel-plated
- There are three tools
- Amazing hardened jaws
- Made of Cr-V drop forged tool steel
- Tools have ergonomic grips
- Adjust sometimes difficult
7. SAE and Metric Rachet Set
Kobalt 87717 is the 7th item on the review list. This is SAE and Metric combination Ratchet Wrench Set. This is convenient innovation: where the box is mainly a ratchet, which saves time in lieu of taking it on and off to keep turning a bolt. This set is SAE and Metric color-coded. This color-code helps to easily identify. It is one of the essential toolsets that define the tool chest. It will open your horizons and brightens your outlook on tough garage chores.
- The wrenches made from heat-treated chrome vanadium steel with a fully polished finish to make them durable.
- It has a 12-point box end that allows the wrench to work on 12-point, 6-point, star, square, and even semi-rounded fasteners
- It has a 90-tooth ratcheting mechanism which only needs a 4-degree arc swing
- Wrench shafts are flat to allow easier access to narrow workspaces where ratchets and sockets will not fit
- Hard stamped size callouts and color-coded stripe make it easy and convenient to identify SAE (red) and metric (blue) sizes
- Ratchet has 90-tooth
- No angle, flat
- Made of Cr-V steel
- Easily fit in tight spaces
- Metric and SAE
- Occasionally ratchet end fails
8. Impact Sockets
Kobalt 856843 is the 8th item on the review list. When you have an impact driver you need the sockets. The most impact drivers, electric or pneumatic, don’t come with sockets. This set fulfills the needs. This set will be making a great impact in your garage with an impact driver and this complete set of impact sockets.
- This 1/2-in drive mixed depth impact socket set contains 24 SAE and metric deep sockets, 24 SAE and metric standard depth sockets, 3 adapters, 3 extensions, and one flip socket
- This set is used with an impact tool to provide maximum installation of heavy-duty fasteners
- It has standard depth impact sockets include 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 and 27mm as well as 3/8, 7/16, 7/8, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 1/2, 3/4, 13/16, 15/16, 1 and 1-1/16-in
- It has deep impact sockets include 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 and 27mm as well as 3/8, 5/8, 11/16, 7/16, 1/2, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 9/16, 15/16, 1 and 1-1/16-in
- It has 1/2-in drive accessory tools including 3 impact extensions measuring 6-in, 3-in, and 10-in, a 1/2-in drive impact swivel adapter, a 3/8-in drive impact swivel adapter, a 1/2×3/8-in impact adapter, and a 3/4×13/16-in flip socket
- These are heavily engineered
- Made of Cr-V steel
- Designed with black oxide finish
- Metric and SAE
- There are regular and deep sockets
- Sockets are loose
9. 24V MAX Brushless Set
Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 tool combo kit,43308-8247 is the 9th item on the review list. There is a little difference, this is sole example of a power tool on the list. It is two for one deal: a cordless driver and a cordless drill.
- This Kobalt 24-volt max cordless combo kit has a 24-volt max high-capacity Li-ion battery, and charger, 1/4-in impact driver, 1/2-in drill/driver,
- It has a 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control with 3-speed settings (0-850, 0-2,000, and 0-2,700 RPM)
- It has a 1/2- drill/driver that has a long-lasting brushless motor that delivers up to 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger, and a keyless all-metal chuck
- It has 1/4-in quick-release collet that allows for fast bit changes
- Made with built-in LEDs on both tools illuminate your workspace and increase accuracy
- It has 24-volt max 2.0-Ah Li-ion battery. This battery provides 50% more power and 3.6 times more runtime than Kobalt 18-volt tools
- It has two powerful tools
- It has lots of torque
- Bits and tips are easily changeable
- It is rechargeable
- It has brushless motors
- It is pricey
10. Power Tool Accessories
Kobalt 0515933 is the last item on the review list. This set permits your power drill and screwdriver to perform to their fullest.
- This Kobalt 106-piece bit set is versatile and convenient
- This set has (4) 6-in power bits, (6) 3-1/2-in power bits, (29) 2-in power bits, (42) 1-in insert bits, 7 HSS hex shank drill bits, 3 hex shank brad point drill bits, 4 hex shank spade bits
- This set has 2 hex-to-square adapters, 1 thumb driver, 1 magnetic bit holder, 4 magnetic nut setters, and 3 patented magbits
- Made of black oxide coating is durable for long life
- It has a hard case that provides storage and organization
- It is a big set in a nice case
- There are spade bits
- There are nut drivers
- There are drill bits
- There are screwdriver and Torx tips
- A little bit fragile in magnetic driver bits
Criteria of Kobalt Tools
We always look to the materials whether it fulfills our needs or not. Most of the Kobalt Tools are made of chromium-vanadium steel, some made of chromium-nickel steel, and some chromium-molybdenum steel. Nickel helps with corrosion resistance and molybdenum with toughness.
A tool’s durability depends on its materials, its workmanship, and design. Modern sales depend on user reviews. Those are scanned for problems that crop up on a consistent basis. There are thousands of examples of tools in daily use in a variety of environments, design flaws will show up soon. It is better for you to get access to all the reviews. Those used for long-term customer satisfaction.
The grip is the most important thing you can do with a tool. If you cannot hold it properly, you cannot work with it. So, it is necessary to have a hand-friendly ergonomic grip. Some tools don’t have any textured or soft-grip built-in at all, some are metal. With a pleasant rounded shape that is comfortable to hold. A well-designed comfort grip softens the wear and tear on the sensitive skin of your hands. The softer the material, the more prone to damage it is. What will that grip look like after 10 or 20 years? There are both pros and cons. You have to decide what is important for you. Nice grips forget a job done conveniently.
We have not recommended any specialty tools like feeler gauges, brake tools, gear pullers, etc. Not because they are not good. But they might generally not be useful other than for the specific task they are meant for. A good socket you can use in the house, in the garage, in the yard, on the road, all over the place. Very convenient and useful tool. We are looking for that. Things are not just serving a single purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Kobalt Tools guaranteed?
The following categories have lifetime hassle-free guarantees: sockets, ratchets, wrenches, pry bars, hammers, utility knives, chisels, pliers, files, and levels. If you face any problem with those take them to the place of purchase for a free replacement. No question will be asked. Nothing can be easier or better than that. We are very excited about tools also the way Kobalt stands behind them.
How do I care for my Kobalt tools?
Firstly, need to keep them clean. When you use them in a dirty greasy environment, ensure to wipe them out with a shop towel when you are done. Secondly, keep them dry. When you use them outside and you get rain on. Or, when you use them of water or coolant pipes, you will get some of them. Dry them before putting them away. Thirdly, store them in a cool dry place. Manage a toolbox or chest for that by yourself.
Dirt or grease can be removed with a squirt of something like WD-40. To prevent corrosion you will want to wipe them down occasionally with light oil. Because chrome plating and chromium alloy steel are rust-resistant. But cannot defeat completely. If you take good care of your tools, your tools will take good care of you.!